Monday, July 14, 2008

Call me ANK- day one




So today is my first time with this blogging thing. Okay, so I do often blog on my myspace page as well (myspace.com/alissanicole818)but this is my first blog on a blog site.Anyways, I thought this would be a great place to post info on my shows and life.
INDULDGE ME IF YOU WANT....

I am currently in rehearsals for the musical "Baby" at the West Valley Playhouse. I am playing Pam Sakarian. According to my friends from my last show, The Full Monty (I played Pam Lukowski) I can now only play roles where the characters first name is Pam. Anyways, I am having the time of my life so far with the show. I have been a fan of Baby since I heard the score back in college (you, know, like the 90's!). I love the character of Pam becase she is so flawed and she has an amazing growth throught the course of the play. I love her sense of humor and voulnerability.

Of course the best part of any show is the cast. I made an instant connection with Nicole, who plays Lizzie. She is amazingly talented and can sing the crap out of "Our Story Goes On" (Act 1 closer). We meet at the initial audition. Her real-life talented boyfriend Patrick is also in the show playing Danny. My husband is played by Rick and we are just having a ball (literally-us and a basketball) so far. Rick playing Nick ( I call him RickNick)and we are both not the best basketball players. We constantly ask our director Noel "Who would cast two Jews as athletic teachers?" I think we will get the basketball thing down or atleast try to fool the audience. We hope that mostly theatre people and not sports enthusiasts see the show, so we don't get heckled for our attempt at dribbiling, passing, etc!

Enjoy some of the rehearsal pics that were taken last night as we ran through the opening of the show.

No comments:


Nuns Gone Wild

Alissa-Nicole Koblentz (Sister Berthe),Mirai Booth-Ong (Sister Margaretta) and Taylor Pyles (Sister Christian) Just a silly thing we concocked backstage before our final performance of The Sound of Music. Have a laugh with us!