Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"Baby" Moving into the Theatre



Last night we moved for the first time from the rehearsal space to the theatre. Although the stage was bare (all for the bed) everything seemed to change. I suddenly got this boost! My mind was racing! "We are doing this FOR REAL!" I think actors are in denial until they move into the actual space. Or maybe it's just me. Up until now, rehearsals have been just fun with nothing tangible to fear. Now we are playing to a semi round space instead of a square. With RickNick on vacation, Patrick was nice enough to step in and be a warm body as we had the stage manager or Cornelia saying the lines from the house. It was kinda funny. Tonight we continue to work through the show. I know everything will change again when the actual sets come in next week. I am so excited! I am so nervous! I love it.
Took a few pics of my "basketball baby". That's as close as Pam is going to get to a baby anytime soon. I love rehearsal pics. It's wonderful to see the transformation from rehearsal to performance.
Happy actual birthday RickNick!

No comments:


Nuns Gone Wild

Alissa-Nicole Koblentz (Sister Berthe),Mirai Booth-Ong (Sister Margaretta) and Taylor Pyles (Sister Christian) Just a silly thing we concocked backstage before our final performance of The Sound of Music. Have a laugh with us!