Friday, August 1, 2008

Last Boychick until 9/15




Sunday will be my last performance of The Boychick Affair until 9/15. I will be leaving the show for five weeks for the musical Baby. In my absence, Deena Russo will step into the role of Lizzy Lizzard. I am sure the show will go off without a hitch. However, I hate leaving the show. You always get that fear that the person who will be replacing you will be better and then when you return, your job won't be there. This is not the first time that I have left The Boychick Affair. I left while I was playing Pam in The Full Monty. I remember the first day going back to playing Lizzy Lizzard. I was so nervous and shaky. Will I remember all my work? My beats? But once I got the costume on, ran through some of the music and ate my Balance bar, I was good to go. The Boychick Affair never fails to entertain me, since we always have something new to throw into the show. Last week, we finally moved the party portion of the show to the LA Fonda on Wilshire. When I first arrived at the new place, I thought I was going to have a breakdown. Where's my sound? How to I move around this space? But once the audience was there, it was working for me and I just went with it.
I look forward to my last week with my Boychick family. They do say absence makes the heart grow stronger. Right?

HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND YA'LL!!!!

No comments:


Nuns Gone Wild

Alissa-Nicole Koblentz (Sister Berthe),Mirai Booth-Ong (Sister Margaretta) and Taylor Pyles (Sister Christian) Just a silly thing we concocked backstage before our final performance of The Sound of Music. Have a laugh with us!